Thursday 13 March 2014

Things that matter ....


I have often looked around our country admiring things that l see and sometimes getting disgusted by some things l see. I am fascinated by fashion and l enjoy seeing varied fashion types, some ethnic, boho, chic and some are ridiculously crazy but hey everybody has a unique fashion sense. I am honoured to practically have to share some of these with you.

 I have often looked at varsity students, undergraduates, graduates, high school students and the working class. All l think about is whether or not all these educated people or those trying to get educated will eventually get a job that will satisfy them financially, jobs they would wake up to happily every day without any disgruntlements.  Jobs that would enable them to sustain an above average living that is worth their academic status.

As I think of varsity students what comes into my mind is the institutions that breed these graduates, the infrastructure and resources.My heart literally breaks when l think of all this because as is, I am in one so called “internationally acclaimed” university which is resource less and has poor infrastructure. Its suprising where all the money allocated to tertiary education goes too. Misallocation??  misappropriation??looting???corruption?? negligence?? I honestly have no idea what is happening and no else seems to care. Why is everyone so quiet about this issue?

 In contrast to those who are at school, there are the people society calls school leavers. These people have different stories; some left school because they wanted to, some left because they could not afford to continue with their education, some because of cultural issues, there are a lot of different stories.

 I have often looked at the roadblocks which now look like they are part of the road structures with the traffic police getting their daily bribes from commuter omnibus drivers every single morning. I don’t know the purpose of these roadblocks but I will definitely do my research about that because this is a touching topic for most people. It is a major concern in our country, according to me.  

At some point l asked a friend of mine in USA about how she was doing and l was surprised when she told me that every time people asked her when she came from and she said “Zimbabwe” the people who live there and have never been to this part of the world  would start  asking her how it was living in the jungle, l mean honestly, we are black but we don’t live in a huge jungle with lions as our pets, we are not wild animals, we have a fully functional judiciary system, policies, laws and we even have a constitution (#proud to say we have one).We also are scared of wild animals. They live very far from us, in Game Parks.

 After a number of posts l do hope that those who have never been to Zimbabwe will have an idea of how Zimbabwe is, what we go through and a whole lot of things. There are a lot of untold stories that l am hoping to tell the world about Zimbabwe my beautiful country.

I will surely take you on a trip around Bulawayo and some parts of Zimbabwe which in any case may be reflective of things happening in the country as a whole.

1 comment: